Translation & copyediting rates (Hebrew/English)
(as of May 22, 2015)
|Translations||Long documents||articles, papers, short stories, books*||85||USD$ per thousand words in English|
|Short documents||(<300 wds)||50||USD $ first document|
|40||USD $ second document onwards|
|Translation certification**||(Short documents only)||50||USD $ per page|
|Editing||Any document||10–70||USD $ per thousand words in original (depending on amount of editing required)|
|Tables||Any document||1||Cdn$ per table cell|
* Payment of milestone payments within a week of invoice means that book translations can be completed at 10% discount – see below
- In view of recent sharp declines of the Canadian dollar (CAD) in relation to the USD (and the NIS), rates are now stated in USD until further notice.
- For clients in Canada, rates are exclusive of GST at 5%.
- Rush jobs: pay full amount up front (per Estimate), balance (if applicable) immediately on completion. Rush charge: on sliding scale, as follows:
- 1 day: 50% extra
- 2 days: 40% extra
- 3 days: 30% extra
- 4 days: 20% extra
- 5 days to week: 10% extra
- Estimates provided on request.
- Payment: on completion of work, by credit card online, or by cheque drawn on Canadian bank branch, payable to Orr-Stav Communications
- Late payments: $2 Cdn will be added to the usual 1000-words translation rate on the next job for each week after a month of non-payment after the Invoice Date;
- Large jobs: down payment for first 10,000 words, "milestone" payment for each 10,000 words thereafter.
- Discounts: A percentage of the current invoice is deducted from the invoice of the next job if paid promptly, on a sliding scale, as follows: